Hugga Bunch Movie

To keep the site updated regularly I've actually been keeping a notebook with me at work and rapidly writing out new articles during my break periods and any time where it might be exceedingly slow.

Though while on the subject, I should take this time out to mention that work is going swimmingly. I've already gotten compliments from customers sent to my manager, my quality control rating is phenominal and I'm quite possibly going to be moving up soon. The girl that does the customer email correspondence for the company is leaving in May, and they've been hinting at having me taking that position.

Anyway, articles. Yes. I've been writing them out at work. In fact, the Ice Cream Maker article was mainly done during my breaks at work. So it seemed like a good time to pull the Hugga Bunch movie article I've been sitting on for weeks off the backburner and finish it up. It took a little stimulation, namely...

... Jones Soda. Thanks Jones! You've kept me nice and caffeinated during my project.

So here it goes, The Hugga Bunch movie

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments

• 10/1/2006 6:41 PM ~Plu~ wrote:
    I know this is a really old article and blog post, but I just had to tell you that I bought the Hugga Bunch Movie the other day at Hollywood Video. They are clearing out their VHS to make room for blue ray disks... so I nabbed that and some other kids videos. I have never seen the Hugga Bunch movie before... I am looking foreward to it.
    1. 10/1/2006 6:43 PM Mystie wrote:
      You're in for a treat! BWAHAHAHAHA!

• 10/9/2006 2:28 AM Lady wrote:
    You are so funny!! If I can't find this movie, I will cry. Hahaha. I have so many memories from my childhood that I couldn't piece together and little by little I did, and then your site was the glue that seamed it up nicely.

You're too funny! Seeing the clips made me realize how corny it must've been for my mom and dad, who I made watch it over and over and rent it a million times (why they never bought it for me is beyond me)

But I am still adding this to my collection. All the odd memories in my head weren't in vain...it did exsist!! Now Ihave proof!! lol
  • 11/12/2006 9:11 PM Anonymous wrote:
    My sister had a hug a bunch doll and we wathced the movie toghether. Fun times. All I remembered was the walking through the mirror part. Your site brought back memories of the berries and the worm and witch. Might have to get the movie for my sis just for good times sake.

Cheers
  • 11/18/2006 1:32 PM Rebecca wrote:
    Hello, I Loved the Hugga Bunch Movie when I was little. My Mom and I have been searching everywhere to find the movie! but it's nowhere to be found! If anyone is intrested in selling theirs by chance or knows where I could buy the movie I would GREATLY APPRECIATE it! Thanks!
    1. 11/18/2006 1:40 PM Mystie wrote:
      The VHS is rare and fairly expensive when you find one. There's an "unofficial" DVDs you can buy on eBay, though.

• 1/26/2007 3:31 AM Lunacatz wrote:
    OMG!! I thought I had lost my mind. I remember watching this as a child. An when I got older I tried to remember what it was called, but for the life of me could not remember. I tried to explain it to ppl but everyone thought I lost my mind.. Thank you thank you thank you.. You don't know how much your review has truly ment for me.. I'm hopeing now to find the vid for my kids. as it is a cute movie for little kids to watch..thanxs again for the memory jog..
    1. 6/19/2012 2:46 PM ladybadcrumble wrote:
      I had the same experience! Except years later a friend convinced me this was a hallucination brought on by childhood trauma. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who needed extensive psychotherapy for the aftereffects of this movie...and now, thanks to your website, it's all pants-peeing hilarious. It's like a support group for children of the 1980s. Ah the 80s...the sweet bliss of having no idea I was living in a world almost entirely consisting of my parent's acid flashback. Hugs for everyone!
  • 3/21/2007 9:02 PM anonymous wrote:
    I am so excited by this site!!!!!!!!!!! I used to watch the Hugga Bunch moie at my grandparents house all the time when i was young!!! hehehe I have also been looking for a copy of this film everywhere!!!!
  • 3/29/2007 12:50 PM bobs wrote:
    i would very much like to see this movie again! used to have it on betamax, but the tape wore out. i sure wish someone would share this via bit torrent, or something. that way it will never die!
  • 4/17/2007 11:43 AM Jenny wrote:
    I am a 23 year old female that LOVED this movie as a child. You gave a nice opinionated view of this move. I did not like your choice of words on occasion, but I don't speak curse words. Anyway-I'm buying this movie now for my children to enjoy.
  • 5/21/2007 7:36 PM Greta wrote:
    thank you for your huggabunch synopsis; I think that movie is a reason why i am messed up as an adult, goddamn huggabunch
  • 6/13/2007 10:32 AM Aprildawnrules wrote:
    God you're funny.BTW I love your choice of words in the review and I wouldn't have been laughing so hard if you hadn't used those words. Ok maybe I would have since you are so funny. Alright, back to making my way through your blog...
  • 6/15/2007 1:32 AM Colleen wrote:
    oh my GOD!! this is the movie i've been trying to explain to my husband about and he had no clue what it was. this was one of my favorite movies as a kid, i'd rent it over and over and over again. that and gumbo movies. i loooved this! now looking at it, it looks super dumb. hah! imagine that.
    1. 6/21/2007 10:26 AM Kate wrote:
      Same with me, Colleen!! I've been trying to explain this movie to my boyfriend forever but all i could come up with was "walking on a wall sideways" and "some ice queen" (guess that same from freezing Bridgett?). Well thank god for this site. Very accurately commented on... and hilarious.
  • 6/22/2007 3:04 AM whoa wrote:
    yeah, someone should definitely make this into a torrent and share it!
  • 6/29/2007 2:54 AM steph wrote:
    can u email me about where i can get hold of a copy either dvd or vhs.
  • 7/7/2007 8:06 AM Jillian wrote:
    I came across your site and thank God I did. Too funny. However my sister and I watched the Hugga Bunch growing up and I sang the song to her and we were laughing so hard that I remembered it after 20 something years. We searched all over the internet trying to find a clip to listen to it again but keept finding that song when they are on the bridge. so heres the lyrics and if you find a link or have one we would love to hear it maybe drop me an email...

"come meet the hugga bunch kids
    they live in a magical land (hugga land) with pillow puff miles and hugs and big smiles lets hear it for hugs cause they're grand
    hurray for hugs hurray for hugs put your arms around someone hurray for hugs...

I love it!!!!1
  • 7/25/2007 7:31 AM bobby wrote:
    hi jillian. most of the movie you can watch on youtube. here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hugga%20bunch&search=Search

i think the first 10 minutes of the it are missing, and the overall quality is horrible. but it's there nonetheless.

if anyone has this movie and is interested in sharing it with the world, PLEASE DO! if you don't know how to do this, email me and i will tell you how.

8.bobby.8(at)gmail(dot)com

preserve our history by sharing information!
  • 7/25/2007 7:46 AM Jillian wrote:
    Hi, I found the hugga bunch movie, I Bid on the movie on ebay and won it, the bidding started at .99 cents. My total cost was 21.00. I really wanted the movie and have watched it three times so far. I appreciate your feedback and I would like to learn how to share the video. You can email me for directions kalli1026@hotmail.com thank you so much!
  • 7/27/2007 8:34 PM bobby wrote:
    hi again, Jillian. glad to hear it! just to let you know i responded to your email. hope to hear from you soon, take care
  • 9/3/2007 2:39 PM SamET wrote:
    You can get the Hugga Bunch movie on DVD at: http://www.raredvdclassics.com . The copy is great, much better than the one I got off ebay.
  • 9/10/2007 3:16 PM ivy wrote:
    Thanks for this. I was searching for stuff on the Hugga Bunch because for no damn reason at all one of the songs from the old record decided to invade my head this morning on the way to work. I wanted to include a reference for my blog while I was rambling about my memories in case anyone who was reading my bullshit didn't know what Hugga Bunch was, and I really liked your article. I hadn't seen the movie but my sisters and I had a few dolls and we used to roleplay the kids' record. :X Friggin' scary.

You can see my blog post about Hugga Bunch at http://swankivy.livejournal.com/252904.html?thread=707560 if you'd like.

The Bookworm's head most certainly looks like a horrible, scary phallus. Thank you for that observation.
  • 3/31/2008 4:10 PM Kristin wrote:
    i love everything about this.period.
  • 6/12/2008 8:07 AM meistro wrote:
    someone share this movie online please.
    there's already a 3 part upload on youtube, but the first 10 minutes are missing and the video quality is unbearable.

use bit torrent and spread it around so we can all watch it again
  • 8/24/2008 4:00 AM Anna wrote:
    So I was looking up Hugga Bunch because I too loved it as a child. Sadly after viewing it as a "mature" adult I understand myself even better. Hmmm...besides the point. Just thought it fantastic your blog reiterated my feelings exactly. Woah! What a shocker. Anyhoo, fantastic reading! Please keep it up. Thanks 10xs!
  • 9/21/2008 12:38 PM Taya wrote:
    this is crazy to me!!! I have been trying to explain this movie to people for probably about 10 years and everyone has told me it must have been a dream! The mirror with the plush doll and the queen with the special berry tree. I would love to see it again, and then after reading this maybe not... hahah I would like to keep it a fond memory. I have been searching for proof of this movie for sometime now, and have never been able to find it anywhere let alone anyone that know what I am talking about! Great blog!!!
  • 12/30/2008 12:25 PM lotuswonton wrote:
    HUGGERS AND HUGEES! great news! i have made this movie into a torrent and uploaded it at cinemageddon. now since cinemageddon is a private tracker, you'll have to register there to download it. if you are not familiar with bit torrent, look it up at wikipedia. you will find it's a great, simple way to share files.

as soon as possible, i will upload this to a public tracker so that it will be accessible to more people. the hugga bunch is quite a rare flick. if you need more information, feel free to email me at lotuswonton [at] gmail [dot] com.
  • 1/6/2009 6:46 PM lotuswonton wrote:
    it's now downloadable @ a few more sites:

to download the movie you will need a bit torrent client such as utorrent, azureus, or deluge to name a few.

enjoy
  • 9/10/2009 11:01 PM Gloria wrote:
    Your page seems pretty old, I guess you don't really use it anymore. But I must tell you it is the best thing I found when I googled "Hugga Bunch". That movie..it scared me so much but I loved it. I believe I still have the VHS. I have to look. I adore this article. I laughed out loud. I wish I had other friends who had seen this..nobody else knows what I am talking about. That queen was so so freaky.
  • 10/28/2010 10:32 PM smile wrote:
  • 3/16/2011 6:18 PM JanelleS wrote:
    This was one of my FAVORITE movies as a child. Needless to say it also scared the crap out of me. Especially the part when the old witch's face started shriveling up because she couldn't get to her youngberries. I used to have nightmares. That didn't deter me from watching it constantly. Good out eighties childrens movies. They were so messed up. lol
  • 4/19/2011 1:36 AM Jerri wrote:
    I still have an old VHS that isn't the live action film. It's a video of three cartoons. One is the same plot as the film but it's animated. Another deals with a girl who gets a puppy named Kisses and the girl needs help in rescuing him after he's kidnapped by the shrugs. I can't remember the third story.
  • 5/22/2011 5:19 PM John wrote:
    Do love your way of telling us your stories!
    Thanks for the post and sharing your feelings and ideas just for free.
    Love ur creativity also so much!
    cortina-d-ampezzo.com
  • 5/23/2011 3:01 PM SEquiqueWeX wrote:
    get facebook likes
    buy facebook likes
    how to get facebook likes

How to fix errors in registry after viruses have been removed....my pc was infected by 3-4 trojans....I removed them and now my computer restarts on its own while i am working.. i think this is due to errors in registry due to those viruses.....pls help me...
    get facebook likes how to get facebook likes buy facebook likes get facebook likes

buy facebook likes [url=http://100fbfans.info]buy facebook likes[/url] how to get facebook likes buy facebook likes
  • 5/26/2011 3:06 AM Nike SB Zoom wrote:
    You cannot hide before the essays writing assignments. However, the essay editing services will assist you resolve your academic issues.
    curt
  • 5/27/2011 7:58 PM zhenskaya obuv wrote:
    Thank you! Took to be useful.
  • 6/29/2011 9:31 PM Boydayimmobby wrote:
    Hi!
    I would like to offer mutually beneficial cooperation on alternative energy sources.
    What advertising can you offer? Let's think about the environment!
  • 7/5/2011 6:03 PM glaucoma eye drops wrote:
    Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back sometime soon. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!
  • 7/18/2011 7:28 AM animation programs wrote:
    The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post.
  • 9/8/2011 5:43 AM cheap flights to St.Lucia wrote:
    Thanks for sharing such useful information... I think this is really a very nice post. Thanks for the great content!!
  • 2/11/2012 11:12 PM Alice wrote:
    I came upon this weblog totally by accident. I am a 30 year old mom of a 5 month old baby girl, desperate to rekindle some of the childhood toys/dolls/memorabilia I had, for her, since they cant make a doll or kid show/movie worth a damn these days! So glad to see I'm not the only one that looks back fondly for this movie! Thanks for the memories! And yes, I am lucky enough to have kept my childhood things for her to enjoy now, like Teddy Ruxpin and Grubby, Popples, etc, and why the heck havent they re-celebrated those things like they have Strawberry Shortcake and Carebears? well, adds to their charm, I guess, since I couldnt care less about the latter two..probably because they molested them for the later generations and ruined them in the process..Yeah this movie is cheesy but it sure does have alot of charm and magic compared to the crap out nowadays! Even though it may hold more magic for me because I have those childhood memories, it still beats the pants off the crap they have out nowadays, and I will make sure and integrate it into my little girls world so it will hold the same magic for her! Thanks for sharing!
  • 4/22/2012 10:10 AM Radiesse kansas kansas city wrote:
    Life is mostly froth and bubble; Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in our own.
  • 4/28/2012 1:12 PM family dentistry columbia wrote:
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
  • 1/5/2013 7:46 AM Subway Rochester wrote:
    It was great and funny movie.
  • 9/3/2013 9:14 AM Live auction wrote:
    “Every man has a specific skill, whether it is discovered or not, that more readily and naturally comes to him than it would to another, and his own should be sought and polished. He excels best in his niche - originality loses its authenticity in one's efforts to obtain originality.”
    ― Criss Jami,
  • 12/5/2013 11:01 PM Huggins wrote:
    My mother randomly taped it off of the television when I was a child, and I went nuts for it. I had several of the dolls, as well as the "babies" that would clip with their hands (onto the posts of my princess canopy bed, of course). I'm actually pleased to know that the poor quality of the video was always pretty poor, and not entirely due to the state of dubbing technology.

The bonus of the dubbed VHS - all of the great commercials, including Pound Puppy, Rainbow Brite, Cabbage Patch Kids as well as Koonsis, and several other memorable toys.
  • 1/30/2014 2:16 PM Sales Training Sydney wrote:
    They need not be directly involved in the “Selling” or the “Closing” part of the deals to be in SALES.