Sweet Secrets

Sweeeet Secreeettsss!! I'm really excited to finally unleash this article. The Sweet Secrets toyline was an impressive one, spanning over a decade of plastic gems and fake hair. I've spent countless hours trying to hunt them down at flea markets, but it's like they've vanished! Either everyone's hoarding the ones they've had since they were 10 or they're disappearing so quickly I can't get to them. The ones on eBay tend to get a little to rich for my tastes, especially for a doll that was produced in the millions.

I couldn't dig up any old ads or commercials, but if you're not annoyed by Tripod sites, you can find out all sorts of info here and well as with the powers of YouTube!

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments

• 11/24/2006 9:05 PM Moonxtal wrote:
    EEee! I loved sweet secrets I could transform and re-transform those little dolls over and over again for hours! I had the plush pures, a lipstick girl, the comb/bed amd the star horse. I *think* I might still have the star hores somewhere but I coulden't begin to think where... I do wish I had held on to those ones, But I purged alot of my old stuff in favor of room in my house T-T Godspeed my 80's toys! I'll miss ya!
  • 11/25/2006 3:55 AM Jamie wrote:
    Oh, sweet! Seeing all of those pictures brought back some very vivid memories.
  • 12/7/2006 11:14 AM Owner of sweetsecretstoys.tripod.com wrote:
    but if you're not annoyed by Tripod sites, you can find out all sorts of info href="http://sweetsecretstoys.tripod.com
    Well I just hate to annoy you with a tripod site so I took it down just for you.
    1. 12/7/2006 4:19 PM Mystie wrote:
      Your site was completely fine, it's just that because it was on TriPod it kept playing ads on every page I looked at! Your site was great, it's just that the TriPod ads kept playing all these crazy sounds!
  • 12/7/2006 12:59 PM Ashley wrote:
    Those are definitely one of those toys I never would've thought of again, but your article & the commercial were SUCH a blast from the past!! Thanks for always remembering the lost things of my childhood.
  • 8/10/2007 1:34 PM Holly wrote:
    I've enjoyed looking around at your site... I was wondering... and I don't know if this is even something you could find out... But... I'd be interested to know the retail price on some of these toys. I remember having them when I was a kid... and I just wonder how much they cost then. :o) Just curious.
  • 1/24/2008 4:25 PM Bet wrote:
    Oh my God! After being lookin and looking for, i've finally meet someone who remembers the name of those awesome dolls!... They were part of my best childhood years... though I don't have them anymore and I haven't been able to get one...
    Where can I get one? I'll be so happy
    I live in Mexico City
  • 1/31/2008 5:22 PM chiara wrote:
    i can't belive it!there were in Italy too and i was 4 or 5 when i had got them!now i don't remember the italian name but i loved sooo much sweet secret!.I was so young.Sadness
  • 3/7/2008 12:00 PM Annette wrote:
    Oh my God! I had one of these and had forgotten all about it! Awesome.
  • 3/26/2008 1:51 PM christy shotwell wrote:
    i loved sweet secrets as a kid, and still do! i wish they would bring it back MAC style in make up, a little toned down but maybe harajuku style, it appeals to that 80s girl like me, now 27.
  • 8/25/2008 10:22 PM Nancy wrote:
    You know, i was just going through my old things a few days ago, and came across my sweet secrets collection. I've been wearing them as of recent, and people are just famished by the genious around my neck LOL. Your article/blog hits that 'girl' spot in every one. It was such a personal and treasured toy to all who had them.
  • 4/2/2009 9:14 PM LeAnn wrote:
    OMG! I loved my sweet secrets when I was a little girl and would love to have one as an adult. The name of it was driving me crazy and finally had to do a search for it. I think it was my favorite toy.